Ramnicu Valcea has the title of “sustainable European city” and is located in the historical region of Wallachia (Muntenia) in Romania near the river Olt (Alt). Ramnicu Valcea has many historical sights as well as a wide range of recreational opportunities. Among the places worth seeing in Ramnicu Valcea are the Cathedral (Catedrala Înălțarea Domnului Valcea) and the Church of the Archdiocese (Arhiepiscopia Râmnicului. The museums of the city are also interesting. Among them are the Open Air Museum (Muzeul Satului Vâlcea), Art Museum (Muzeul de Artă) and History Museum (Muzeul de Istorie). And also the County Library (Biblioteca Județeană Antim Ivireanul) is located in a historical and worth seeing building. For moments of rest or for walks are suitable the parks such as the Park (Parcul Mircea cel Bătrân) and Park (Parcul Zavoi). It is also worth mentioning the Zoo (Grădina Zoologică) and the Memorial (Casa Memorială Anton Pann). Don’t miss the chance to visit one of the restaurants and taste a typical Romanian dish.
Râmnicu Vâlcea is not only worth seeing, but also a good base to explore the sights and natural beauties of the region. For example, the salt mine Salina Ocnele Mari is only 8 kilometers away. You should also visit the monastery Mănăstirea Dintr-un Lemn, which is 30 kilometers away. And among the natural beauties you should see is the Nature Park (Parcul Naţional Cozia), which is 45 kilometers away. No less interesting is the hiking area Belvedere Valea Oltului, about 25 kilometers away. And if you’re already on the road, why not drive over the highest pass road in Romania, the Transalpina will thrill you. More relaxing might be a boat trip on the 0lt River, the one from Căciulata, for example. And in the spas of Călimănești-Căciulata you can relax or try one of the numerous treatments. Finally, I should mention the town of Horezu with its world-famous monastery and ceramic workshops, which is only 50 kilometers away.
Highlights Ramnicu Valcea
- Open Air Museum (Muzeul Satului Vâlcea)
- Museum of Art (Muzeul de Artă)
- Museum of History (Muzeul de Istorie)
- Zoo (Grădina Zoologică)
- Park (Parcul Zavoi)
- Park (Parcul Mircea cel Bătrân)
- District Library (Biblioteca Județeană Antim Ivireanul)
- Memorial (Casa Memorială Anton Pann)
- Church(Arhiepiscopia Râmnicului)
- Monastery (Sfanta Manastire Antim)
- Church (Biserica Sfântul Gheorghe)
- Cathedral (Catedrala Înălțarea Domnului Valcea)
- Saltmine (Salina Ocnele Mari) (8Km)
- Health-Resort Călimănești-Căciulata 20Km
- Boottour in Căciulata, on the Olt-River (Vapor Căciulata) (20km)
City Guide Ramnicu Valcea
- Tourist Info – Centrul Național de Informare și Promovare Turistică Vâlcea
Address: Bulevardul Tudor Vladimirescu 23, Râmnicu Vâlcea
Râmnicu Vâlcea is located in a beautiful region, which offers numerous sights and also diverse and sometimes unique natural sites. Take your time, because sometimes on the way there are small surprises or you will discover beautiful views.