Bailesti is a small town in the southwest of Romania in the historical region of Oltenia, which you can easily explore on foot. A good starting point for a city tour is, for example, the Monumentul Eroilor (Monument to the Heroes) on Strada Victoriei. Here is also the park (Parcul Tineretului), which invites you to linger. Interesting is also the Museum of Ethnography (Muzeul Câmpiei Băileștilor), which presents an archaeological collection and objects of history from the region. As everywhere in Romania, you will find some churches in Bailesti. Among them are the Church of St. Nicholas (Biserica Sfântul Nicolae) and the Church of the Healing Well (Biserica Izvorul Tămăduirii). Another place of interest is the Memorial House (Casa Memorială “Amza Pellea”). You should also see the park on the Balasan River. Also, take a seat in one of the city’s restaurants and enjoy one of the traditional Romanian dishes.
From Bailesti you can also reach the beautiful and big city of Craiova. And only about 8 kilometers from Bailesti is the nature reserve (Aria naturala protejata Balta Cilieni). 30 kilometers away you can find the monastery Mănăstirea Maglavit. Bailesti is worth a stopover or a day’s rest, or just a walk along the Balasan River, where the beautiful park is located.
- Museum of Ethnography (Muzeul Câmpiei Băileștilor)
- Church of the Healing Well(Biserica Izvorul Tămăduirii)
- Church St Nicholas(Biserica Sfântul Nicolae)
- Memorial (Casa Memorială Amza Pellea)
- Park (Parcul Tineretului)
- Park (Parcul Balasan)
- Hero Monument (Monumentul Eroilor)
- Nature Reserve (Aria naturala protejata Balta Cilieni) 8km
- Monastery (Mănăstirea Maglavit) 30km